Up to this point, customer feedback and reviews may not have been part of your business strategy.
Time to change all of that.
Because when you’re looking to improve your SEO, customer feedback on sites like Yelp do more than just drive customers to your business, they can have a dramatic effect on your SEO.
So, if you’re one of the thousands of businesses out there actively looking to improve your SEO, help is at hand.
Read on for a crash course on how customer reviews can boost your profits and your SEO.
Improve Your SEO with Yelp
What is Yelp?
As a social sharing and recommendation app, Yelp helps people to find the very best in local businesses. In this, it caters for businesses of all kinds; from bars and restaurants to dentists and hair salons, and everything in between.
The concept is a simple one. People visit a business or use a service, and then they use Yelp to do any or all of the following:
- They can check-in at the business
- They can rate the business, the customer service, etc
- They can comment on other reviews that different customers have provided
- They can share photos and engage in discussions about the business
Now, all of this sounds impressive, right? And in terms of footfall, it can certainly drive customers to your business.
But, let’s take a look at how using customer reviews on Yelp can improve your SEO.
Why do I need to use Yelp?
Because the online world is so competitive, to improve your SEO, you need to utilize every available tool at your disposal. Yelp is an important aid in that process.
Launched in 2004, Yelp is now the trusted go-to resource for millions of visitors to look for information about local businesses.
And it’s the ‘local’ part of that sentence that is most important. Without a good local SEO strategy, your business will fade into the background.
How Customer Reviews Improve Your SEO
To improve your search ranking on Google, customer feedback and reviews are a powerful force.
Here are three important reasons why:
- The number of positive reviews you have on external websites plays a huge role in your search ranking. This is because Google’s local search algorithm looks to third-party sites like Yelp for data. The more reviews you have on Yelp, and the more positive those reviews are, the greater the chance you’ll have at ranking in Google’s local 3-pack.
- Every new review about your products or services on your site increases the amount of unique content your website offers on that particular product or service. This puts you and your business forward as an authority in your field, and it makes you super relevant too.
- You can microformat your Yelp reviews on your website. This enables Google to index them directly and hold them as possible answers for user queries in the future. This gives much-needed needed search visibility, and it helps Google to see you as a trusted source of vital information for its users.
Improve Your Seo One Strategy at a Time
So, implementing a strategy that involves Yelp, is not only important, it’s essential. And, you don’t have to be a techie to implement that strategy yourself.
But, should you need some expert advice on how to improve your SEO, reach out and talk to us.
We’re always happy to help.